Friday, May 31, 2013

Spring Wand {The Twinery}

<<<Click here.>>>
It's the last day to enter!

I just love The Twinery's new solid twines, don't you?
I've used the new Solid HoneydewSolid Caribbean, and Solid Pink Sorbet to make this fun Spring Wand:
I started with a wooden dowel (I bought mine in the cake section at my local craft store) and wrapped it in Solid Honeydew twine.
To do this I simply put a strip of ScorTape down the side of the dowel and wrapped the twine around. I removed the paper backing for the ScorTape about an inch at a time so I wouldn't get my hands all over it (which would have taken away some of the stickiness).

At the top of the dowel I used a strong, quick-drying liquid adhesive to adhere strands of all three twine colors, then I topped it with more liquid adhesive and a paper flower.
These wands are great for spring, but would also be fun for something like a fairy-themed party.

Thanks for stopping by and please be sure to check out my giveaway for Lupus Awareness Month - it's the last day to enter!

Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Honeydew, Solid Caribbean, Solid Pink Sorbet);
Tools: Fiskars (Scissors);

Other: (Wooden Dowel); (Paper Flower);

No comments: