Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Book Review :: Yuletide Ice Cube Fair (Veggie Tales) by Karen Poth, illustrated by Ron Eddy and Robert Vann

Yuletide Ice Cube Fair is a new Veggie Tales book from Big Ideas Books and Zondervan/Zonderkidz. The age range for this book is 4-8, but I am guessing that is mainly due to the fact that it is a paperback with paper pages. I think younger kids would enjoy this book as well.

As you would expect from any Veggie Tales book, the illustrations by Ron Eddy and Robert Vann in Yuletide Ice Cube Fair are cute, colorful, and entertaining. Gotta love Veggie Tales!
The Yuletide Ice Cube Fair is a story (written in rhyme) of an ice carving contest showcasing each participant's depiction of what Christmas means to them. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the moral of this book. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the point was made (clearly, yet in a fun way) that Christmas is not about Santa, elves, trees, food, or shopping - but that Christmas is about Jesus coming to earth. 

I think the Yuletide Ice Cube Fair is a fun book and a great story to share with children. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: