Friday, December 11, 2015

1-2-3-4 Whipped Body Butter {The Twinery}

Hello!

'Tis the season for homemade gifts and today I wanted to share with you this easy homemade whipped body butter, packaged in a cute little mason jar that is tucked inside a handmade box.
To start, I first whipped up (pun intended!) a batch of body butter. 
I came across a few homemade body butter recipes and wanted to give it a try, but didn't want to go through the whole double boiler/heating process that they all required. I gathered a few basic ingredients and went to work. Here's my recipe...no melting required!


1-2-3-4 Whipped Body Butter Recipe
1 tbsp. almond oil
tbsp. coconut oil
tbsp. shea butter

Step One: Blend ingredients together with immersion blender until well combined. (Mixture will be watery.)
Step Two: Put in freezer for 30 minutes.
Step Three: Scrape down sides and blend with immersion blender until mixture is a whipped consistency.
Step Four: Place in fridge for 15 minutes to set.

The recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled...you get it. Just keep it in a 1-2-3-4 ratio.
Also, you can choose whatever essential oils you prefer for your scent. I like lavender and/or grapefruit...and peppermint would be a great choice for the holidays!
Once the body butter was set, I transferred it into a small mason jar. (You know how I love mason jars!)
I wanted to make a cute coordinating package for gift giving, so I also created a decorative box.
Both my box and mason jar are finished off with some of The Twinery's Solid Caribbean and Gold Shimmer twines.
An easy homemade gift, perfect for giving during the winter when our skin needs that extra moisture.

What is your favorite homemade gift to give for the holidays?
Please share in the comments.

Supplies: 
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Caribbean, Gold Shimmer); 
Patterned Paper: Heidi Swapp (Hello Today - 12x12);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Ornament Squeeze Punch); We R Memory Keepers (1-2-3 Punch Board);

No comments: