Thursday, May 26, 2016

Book Review :: Counting Blessings by Eileen Spinelli, illustrated by Lee Holland

Counting Blessings is a children's board book, written in rhyme.
Counting Blessings counts through ten blessings that the little bunny has as you might find in many counting books. What I think makes Counting Blessings unique is that the list of blessings continues on after the counting. The original list of blessings is more focused on what the little bunny has directly (family, friends, food, clothing, etc.), with the continuation of blessings being more universal (colors, snow, songs, puddles, grass, animals, etc.). I love that Counting Blessings states that our blessings can never truly be counted.

Although Counting Blessings does not directly reference faith or God, I feel like this is a great book to help teach your little ones about the many blessings that God gives. I look forward to reading Counting Blessings with my kids, over and over.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: