Friday, June 24, 2016

Book Review :: More For Girls Only! Devotions by Carolyn Larsen, illustrated by Colonel Moutarde

More For Girls Only! Devotions is a devotional book geared toward tween girls. The interior pages are all in pinkscale (words, illustrations, everything). 
Because More For Girls Only! Devotions is a "tween" book, I am going to hand this over to my daughter for the review:

This devotional is AWESOME!!! I would rate it ten stars if I could! If I wrote a devotional, I would want it to be like this. I like it because every devotional begins with a story about a girl who's having trouble or a girl who did something right, and then it has a little quiz about what you would have done in that situation. It has a few verses to memorize, some quotes from famous people, and to-do lists. It has quotes from Scripture as well. This seems like a book to help you determine right from wrong and a book to help you be closer to God.

I asked my daughter a few questions about More For Girls Only! Devotions - here they are with her responses:

Was the book interesting?
Yes.
Do you plan to read it again?
Yes.
What did you like about this book?
Everything!
What (if anything) did you NOT like about this book?
Nothing!
Would you recommend this book to others your age?
Yes.
What ages do you think would enjoy this book best?
11 to 13
Any other comments about this book?
It's a really good book!
Out of a total of 5 possible stars, what would you rate this book?
5 stars.
FTC Declaration: Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through their book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: