Friday, April 21, 2017

Book Review :: The Berenstain Bears Bless Our Pets by Mike Berenstain

The Berenstain Bears Bless Our Pets is the newest of The Berenstain Bears books. In general, The Berenstain Bears books are instant classics, as far as I am concerned. I have to say, though, I was left confused and unimpressed after reading The Berenstain Bears Bless Our Pets.
In The Berenstain Bears Bless Our Pets, the Chapel in the Woods hosts a Blessing of the Animals event. The Berenstain family, along with others in the community, bring their pets (dogs, cats, fish, birds, lizards, snakes, turtles, a goat, a calf, mice, a spider, etc.) to an outdoor service where the preacher is going to bless the pets. A pet ruckus breaks out, but is quieted immediately when the preacher cries, "Peace!" It all ends in a big bear hug.

Maybe I am just not up with the times, but I can't see this special pet service being a reality that many kids can relate to. On top of that, the pet commotion that is "miraculously" quieted just seems odd.

Personally, I don't recommend buying The Berenstain Bears Bless Our Pets. Stick with the other Berenstain Bears books.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through their book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: