Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Book Review :: The Marvelous Mud House by April Graney, illustrated by Alida Massari

The Marvelous Mud House is a fantastic "story of finding fullness and joy".
In The Marvelous Mud House, George and Mama George (in Kenya) live in a mud house. They have little, but are content and trust in God to provide. A family from Oklahoma flies to Kenya and meets George and his Mama in the market. They go to their house and see how they live and discover that George can't afford to attend school. After returning to their home in the US, they realize the excess they have and decide to downsize and do extra jobs to help provide school fees for George.

The Marvelous Mud House is beautifully written, incredibly illustrated, and has a wonderful message. My 8 year old said he liked this book because "it shows compassion". I agree. It really is an incredible book and a peek at a different lifestyle for those of us with easy access to education, large homes, nice cars, and an abundance of toys. I think The Marvelous Mud House is a book that is definitely worth buying...and buying several copies to share with other families.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through their book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: