Thursday, October 8, 2015

Book Reviews :: Andi Unexpected, Andi Under Pressure, and Andi Unstoppable by Amanda Flower

Andi Unexpected is the first in the series of Andi Boggs novels. (Hardcover, 215 pages.)

In Andi Unexpected, we meet Andi (Andora) Boggs who is now living with her aunt after the death of her parents. Andi discovers a trunk in her attic that leads her and her friend, Colin Carter, to begin investigating a town and family secret. I won't spoil anything here in my review, but things get interesting. 
My daughter (age 11) enjoyed reading Andi Unexpected. She has already re-read it multiple times. When I asked her what she liked about the book, she said, "the mystery". She did say that it may be difficult to follow at times, but in general she would recommend it to both boys and girls in the 8-12 age range. 


Andi Under Pressure is the second in the series of Andi Boggs novels. (Hardcover, 174 pages.)

In Andi Under Pressure, we meet up again with Andi and her friend, Colin Carter, as they go to Discovery Camp...where things start going missing. Andi and Colin are back to investigating again. (So I don't spoil anything, I'll just stop there.)
My daughter (age 11) really enjoyed reading Andi Under Pressure (even more than she liked Andi Unexpected). She has already re-read it multiple times. When I asked her what she liked about the book, she said, "the adventure". She said she would recommend it to both boys and girls in the 8-12 age range. 


Andi Unstoppable is the third in the series of Andi Boggs novels. (Hardcover, 171 pages.)

In Andi Unstoppable, again Andi and her friend, Colin Carter, find themselves in the middle of a local mystery. It's another investigation for Andi and Colin. (I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just stop there.)
Unlike Andi Unexpected and Andi Under Pressure, my daughter (age 11) did not care for Andi Unstoppable. She felt that unlike the previous two books, the clues weren't scattered throughout the story but rather everything was revealed at the very end, which she didn't care for. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: