Monday, December 5, 2016

Book Review :: The Berenstain Bears and the Christmas Angel

The Berenstain Bears books are instant classics, as far as I am concerned. These are books that I grew up reading and the new books in the collection (even though they are now mainly written by Mike Berenstain rather than Stan and Jan Berenstain), keep in line with the Berenstain legacy. The Berenstain Bears books are books that exemplify moral character, and I appreciate that. 

In The Berenstain Bears and the Christmas Angel, the bear cubs enjoy the first big snow day of the winter season. The three bear cubs build a snow angel (they wanted to do something different from the traditional snowman/snowbear) and this leads to a discussion with Mama and Papa about angels. I did find it odd to see the phrase "old school" in one of the Berenstain Bears books, but overall The Berenstain Bears and the Christmas Angel is a sweet story and is a good overview/introduction of angels for kids.

I think The Berenstain Bears and the Christmas Angel is definitely a book worth considering.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: