The first is for my sister-in-law:
I cut the cake from Celebrations. (I believe the tag was cut from Celebrations as well.) I cut a shadow in blue and regular in white. I cut another in white vellum and Cuttlebugged it with the swirls. I inked that with some silver ink to bring out the swirls. I used Ice Stickles and Stickles to give it some sparkle. I put some tiny blue Primas along the bottom and added some rhinestone bling. I tied the tag on with some cute ribbon.
The next is for my son, who turns two on Friday and LOVES Lightning McQueen:
I cut everything from George. The card is hinged like a hood. The tires are attached to the back of the card. I Cuttlebugged the tires with mesh. This is made mainly of the shapes from the F and D keys (and then circles for the eyes). The picture doesn't do justice to the shine on Lightning McQueen. The Stickles really sparkle.
As many people have asked for directions I am going to add them here from memory...I hope they are right :o) (Sorry for the weird wording as I don't know exactly what to call each of the shapes).
- Cut two Shift F shapes at 5" in red.
- Cut one Shift D shape at 3 1/2" in red.
- Cut one Shift D shape at 3" in white.
- Cut one Shift F shape at 2" in black. Cuttlebug with mesh embossing folder and cut in half.
- Cut two Shift G shapes at 1" in white.
- Cut one Shift D shape at 2 1/2" (I think) in white. Cut across the bottom corners to make the smile.
- Cut two blue circles for eyes.
- Attach the tires to the back of one 5" red shape. Score the other 5" red shape about 1/4" from the top and attach it to the other 5" red shape.
- Attach the 3" white shape to the 3 1/2" red shape. Attach them to the back of the 5" red shapes.
- Attach the blue eyes to the white that is showing.
- Attach the headlights and smile.
- Decorate as desired.