Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Recipe :: Kale Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing


Well, if you read about my new blog adventure, you saw that I will be sharing more than just crafts - I'll be sharing recipes, book reviews, and more.
Today I am sharing a recipe for a yummy kale salad.
I know many people have never tried kale, and for those who have may have only had it as chips or in a soup (or juiced). I love kale because of it's hearty leaves...you can keep this salad with the dressing on it in the fridge and it won't get all soggy and wilted. (I'm not sure exactly how long...it doesn't last more than 24 hours in my fridge because I take it out and eat it.)

We eat this as a dinner entree...it is surprisingly filling. It would be great with some fresh baked bread, too.
I hope you'll give it a try!
Kale Salad:
10 oz. Kale (large stems removed), chopped into small (bite-size) pieces
8 oz. Organic Dried Cranberries, chopped
1/2 c. - 1 c. toasted pine nuts
1/2 small red onion, chopped very small or minced
2 small Granny Smith apples, chopped small
3 oz. Honey Mustard Dressing (recipe below)
Pepper to taste

Honey Mustard Dressing: {Makes approx. 10 oz.}
Combine:
1/2 c. Grapeseed Oil (or other oil)
1/4 c. Lemon Juice
1/3 c. Honey
1 tbsp. Mustard

Toss all ingredients together, add dressing, and enjoy.

In the salad in the image above I also threw in some chopped raw spinach, diced strawberries, a tiny bit of left over cilantro (chopped), some raw almond slices...and I don't know what else.
It was still yummy. :o)


No comments: