Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Craft Challenge {May Arts}

Recently I had the opportunity to create for the Spring Craft Challenge from May Arts. When I saw the inspiration photo:
And the trims that were being offered:
I just knew I had to play along in this one.

I requested to work with the May Arts Teal String: 449-34, Green Leaves: 448-66, Natural Burlap: 398-4-11, and Salmon Faux Lightweight Canvas: 444-58-20 and knew right away that I wanted to do some sort of "jar" project.

I had a salad dressing jar that I washed out and saved hoping that I would find a crafty use for it, and I thought it worked well for this challenge.

I covered the jar with a piece of the Natural Burlap then wrapped the Teal String around a few times and tied it in a bow. I then added roses that I made from the Salmon Faux Lightweight Canvas (love that stuff!) and added in leaves cut from the Green Leaves trim. I wrapped the rim of the lid with the Salmon Faux Lightweight Canvas to finish it off.

I love how these trims work together so well and add a very spring-y pop to a (formerly) plain salad dressing bottle!

Please head over to the May Arts blog and let them know what you think of my project - I'd really appreciate it!

Supplies:
Ribbons/Trim: May Arts (Teal String: 449-34, Green Leaves: 448-66, Natural Burlap: 398-4-11, Salmon Faux Lightweight Canvas: 444-58-20); 

Other: (Jar);
Tools: Fiskars (Scissors);