Friday, February 7, 2014

Polar Vortex? Have fun with it!

Are you one of the many families out there currently complaining about yet another day stuck at home during this polar vortex? As a homeschooling family, we are used to being at home during the day, but we decided to have some fun with the freezing temperatures...
I came across the idea of frozen bubbles, and thought we would give it a shot. I mixed up some dish soap and water and luckily we had a bubble wand sitting around to give it a try. The results were really neat, but I have to admit it was not easy to blow the bubble and then find it again when it was a bit windy...so I got another idea. 

I mixed some dish soap and water in a glass jar (it's just prettier that way) and used a straw to blow bubbles. I let the bubbles pile up and flow out and around the jar, and it was really interesting to watch the freezing process.
Go on...give it a try!

No comments: