Friday, August 12, 2016

Book Review :: Snuggle Time Psalms by Glenys Nellist, illustrated by Cee Biscoe

Snuggle Time Psalms is a fantastic board book to share with little ones. There are adorable illustrations of various animals on each 2-page spread along with a Bible verse and a short (rhyming) version of the Psalms. 
There are 15 psalms total in Snuggle Time Psalms. They include the following Psalms: 4, 6, 8, 18, 23, 63, 84, 91, 95, 103, 104, 113, 121, 133, and 139. (To be clear, these are re-tellings of the Psalms, not the Biblical text.) What I especially enjoyed about this book of psalms is that each of them are written in the first person (from the child's point of view). I thought this was unique and a great way to help teach children about the psalms and about how they can talk to God (like the other great book from this author/illustrator duo, Snuggle Time Prayers).

Both Snuggle Time Psalms and Snuggle Time Prayers have both been fast favorites in our house. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: