Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Review :: PurpleTrail Mom Planner (8.5" x 11")

If you haven't yet heard of PurpleTrail planners, please allow me to introduce you. I'll be sharing about the PurpleTrail Mom Planner in particular, but there are lots of other great layouts available from PurpleTrail, so be sure to check them out. 

The PurpleTrail planners are available in both 8.5" x 11" or 6" x 8" sizes, and you can choose between hard cover (like a hard cover book, but with a coil binding) or soft cover (which is a sturdy, thick laminate). The cover design is customizable (inside and out), too. Everything comes on a sturdy aluminum coil binding.

Once you get inside the planner, you can keep on customizing! You choose the starting month and there are several add-on options to choose from. The add-ons will be bound into the back of your planner (you can choose up to 4 add-ons). The paper is nice, thick 80 lb. paper (even a Sharpie marker doesn't bleed through when writing!) and the monthly dividers (plastic) are sturdy.
I chose a customized cover design (which I customized from this design) on an 8.5" x 11" planner, with 4 add-ons (plus pockets and stickers). With all of that, this bad boy comes in at a hefty 3 pounds, 3.3 ounces.

Now, let's get to the inside...
The 8.5" x 11" layout on the Mom Planner is incredibly versatile, in my opinion. The bottom boxes are not just for moms. (And if you are a mom, it doesn't mean you have to fill them in with your kids' names and activities.) We all have many activities and aspects to our lives and that is why I think this "Mom Planner" is really a great planner for anyone. Use those boxes to keep track of your: meal planning/nutrition, homeschooling, hobby (or hobbies), YouTube channel, blog, online store or Etsy shop, work, medical appointments, bills due (and pay days!), design teams, church functions, and more. 

To see more of the PurpleTrail Mom Planner (including box measurements), be sure to check out my flip-through video on YouTube
(Or just watch below.)

I'm not going to lie - this planner is not cheap*: the base planner with the addition of the pocket folder, sticker pack, and 4 add-ons came to a total of $72.75. (Shipping added an additional $9.95, making the grand total $82.70.)

To sum up:
Pros:
Personalized / Customizable
Handmade
Sturdy
Great paper quality
Great colors
Great layout

Cons:
Price
Stickers are hard to remove from backing
Some stickers do not fit box sizes

Overall, I was drawn to PurpleTrail planners (and their amazing custom journals, too!) as being the most versatile I've found, and I think they should be a top option for you if you are looking to invest in a planner.
*FTC Declaration: PurpleTrail has provided me with a complimentary planner. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: