Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Growing In Unity - Day 3: Shaker Card

I am back again for day 3 of my week as a Growing In Unity gal!

If you haven't already, please be sure you are following me on Facebook and on Instagram. I'd love to keep in touch with you there.

I thought it would be fun to create a shaker card for today's post...so I did!
I heat embossed the floral image from the Blossomy Condolences stamp set using black embossing powder on clear film. I then added some doodling around the die cut window. I layered that over some patterned paper, enclosing some sequins into the shaker portion of the card. A sentiment can be stamped inside to fit the occasion whenever I am ready for it. 

Be sure to leave a comment on each of my Growing In Unity posts for the week to be entered to win 25 random stamps from Unity Stamp Company!
(I'll choose TWO winners when the week is over.)

Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations (Smooth White - 110#);
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (Blossomy Condolences);
Ink: Tsukineko (VersaMark - Watermark);
Embossing Powder: American Crafts (Zing! Embossing Powder - Black);
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Indie Chic - Nutmeg 6x6);
Sequins: 28 Lilac Lane (Blues);
Pen: Faber-Castell (PITT Artist Pen - Black);
Dies: Spellbinders (Circles);
Other: Grafix (Clear Dura-Lar Film);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board); Wagner (Heat Gun);

38 comments:

Melinda Feliciano said...

How fun is that. Definitely on my list to learn soon. Lovely card.

Shannon Edwards said...

Love this. Hope do you keep your film from warping when you heat emboss?

Unknown said...

I do need to branch out into doing some shaker cards. Like what you did with this one!

sharon g said...

What a beautiful shaker card. I have never made one, but would LOVE to. I like interactive cards!

Niece said...

Very nice shaker card. Thanks for including the type of film you embossed on. Mine has always warped. Now I know what will work. 😀

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! I love shaker cards. The colors are really nice. Thank you for sharing.

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome shaker card! Love your doodling around the window opening, and that pretty floral image you used!

Tifany said...

You do still need to be careful with it, but it can be done!

Tifany said...

I use a heat resistant product (linked in the supply list) and also make sure my heat gun has been running for a bit before bringing it to the embossing powder. I also just emboss little sections at a time so that the heat is not staying on the clear film for a long time (which can cause warping).

Marcy said...

Shaker cards are fun to give, like the idea of stamping and​ embossing on the window.

Becca Yahrling said...

Shakers are my absolute favorite type of card! Yours is really
pretty! Love how you stamped the image on clear film (I've never
tried that - love the look).

{S} said...

Great idea to keep it open to whatever occasion. I like the colors you choose.

chickapotamus said...

love this technique!

Dorothy Green said...

What a cute card! How hard is it to emboss on the clear film without it melting?

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful card. I love shakers.

Tifany said...

I use a heat resistant product (linked in the supply list) and also make sure my heat gun has been running for a bit before bringing it to the embossing powder. I also just emboss little sections at a time so that the heat is not staying on the clear film for a long time (which can cause warping).

Rebecca RamirezBarnes said...

Super cute!!

Valerie said...

this card is so cute! Love the clean and simple look. The shaker makes it fun! Love the dp paper behind the floral image.

Jean said...

Such a pretty card!

SHartl said...

Oooh, what a cute shaker card! I love how you heat embossed the image on clear acetate for a fun look. Haven't tried a shaker card yet but I always like seeing them.

alo said...

I like the patterned paper background! I will have to try to make a shaker card.

Carmen O. said...

I simply love this card. A CAS design, yet still eye-catching. I love shaker card and these colors too! Well done.

Carolyn said...

Love the card!

Shelly said...

Love shaker cards. I never thought to use embossing powder on the clear acetate, I had assumed it might melt or cause it to curl up o shrink. Thank you for sharing.

GinaF said...

Cute card! Love the embossing on acetate. Beautiful colors too!

Unknown said...

Cute, I need to try a shaker card.

Amanda said...

I love the colors - and you never cease to amaze me with all the techniques you know!

Tifany said...

You do need to be careful with it, but it can be done!

The VerDuin's said...

Shaker cards are so fun to make! Great job...
Angie VerDuin

Carisa said...

Love your shaker card!

Martha said...

Very pretty! Need to give a shaker card a try soon!

LL said...

I need to try a shaker card soon. It can't be that hard, I'm thinking.

Karenladd said...

I really love that you stamped on the shaker acetate panel. I also worried about melting and warping the acetate overlay so thanks for the tips

Wilma said...

love this shaker card- am going to try direct stamping as well

Carol knits said...

Love shaker cards, they're so much fun!

Denise S. said...

I love shaker cards and this is a cute example.

angela said...

What a great shaker card.

Carolyn said...

The embossing looks great - I think I would struggle to keep it from smearing. Yours is perfect!