Friday, September 1, 2017

Book Review :: God's Little Lambs Bible Stories by Julie Stiegemeyer, illustrated by Qin Leng

God's Little Lambs Bible Stories is a padded hardcover storybook with a presentation page that makes it perfect for gift giving. 
The God's Little Lambs Bible Stories includes a total of 35 stories (17 from the Old Testament and 18 from the New Testament) spanning between 4 and 6 pages per story. The stories are on full-color illustrated pages. The illustrator's unique style adds to the stories. The stories are a good length - long enough to be descriptive, but short enough to be able to hold the attention of little ones. In my opinion, some of the stories could use more detail to round out the picture of what happened. For example, the story of Joseph talks about him going to Egypt, and then jumps to him talking to the king about his dreams with very little explanation. That is just a small issue I have with a cute storybook, though, and it won't stop me from reading it to my little one.

If you are looking for a Bible storybook, you may want to consider God's Little Lambs Bible Stories.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through their book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: