Sunday, April 15, 2018

Book Review :: When God Made Light by Matthew Paul Turner, illustrated by David Catrow

When God Made Light is another great book from the duo who created When God Made You!
When God Made Light is a book that celebrates the light that God created in the universe, as well as the light He places in each of His children. Both When God Made Light and When God Made You are empowering and confidence-building, all in the context of being created by God. 

The rhyming text in these books is a unique find - almost Dr. Seuss-ish with a poetic flair. They are a literary step above other children's books on the market, in my opinion. I can't think of another way to describe them - they just feel different from the typical rhyming books for children...and I love that!

The illustrations just add to the beautiful text in When God Made Light. Our family loves the illustrator's quirky, unique style. (We have another book illustrated by David Catrow: I Like Myself! - also a great one!)

When God Made Light is another wonderful book from this author/illustrator duo, and I am so thankful for their contributions to children's literature.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through the Blogging for Books book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: