Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Book Review :: Along Came You - written by Karona Drummund, illustrated by Estelle Corke


Along Came You is a sweet new board book celebrating the blessing that children are in our lives. So many people see children as an inconvenience, and it is wonderful to see this book that celebrates children and all that they do and the ways that they change our lives (for the better). Each page shares a "before you" and "after you" statement comparing/contrasting life before and after a child comes into your life. Along Came You is a very sweet book.

The cover of this book appears very girly, but I don't feel like the interior illustrations are overly girly (even though they do picture a mother and daughter). The illustrations are very cute and colorful. I will enjoy sharing this book with all of my children (boys and girls).

I would have liked to see a different font for the text of the book. In my opinion, the font cheapened the look of the book, but that's just being nit-picky.

Overall, I think Along Came You is a fabulous book to read with your children and keep on your family's bookshelf.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: