Friday, April 25, 2014

Washi Tape and Twine Pencil Jar

Today I've got a quick and easy gift idea to share with you. I am demonstrating it as a pencil holder, but it would also be a great little decorative vase (just add flowers).
This bottle originally held one of my favorite delicious coffee-ish drinks - but I thought it was time to give it new life with some of my favorite craft supplies.
(Yes, it's rough *needing* to drink yummy drinks in the name of crafting.)

This really is such a simple project - just wrap your jar with washi tape, then add a little embellishment and some twine...and you are done.
If you are having so much fun making these that you just can't stop - go for it! Fill them with pencils, rubber bands, paper clips, small binder clips, and other fun office supplies. It would make a great gift set for an end-of-the-year gift for a teacher.

Supplies:
Washi Tape: My Mind's Eye (Cut & Paste: Adorbs, Now & Then: Izzy, Now & Then: Dorothy);
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Pink Sorbet, Silver Shimmer); 

Other: (Small Paper Flowers);
Tools: Fiskars (Scissors); 

No comments: