Friday, December 19, 2014

Book Review :: Let There Be Light by Archbishop Desmond Tutu, illustrated by Nancy Tillman

Let There Be Light is a new book by Archbishop Desmond Tutu (illustrated by Nancy Tillman). Let There Be Light is available as a hardcover, a board book, and is also available for Kindle. (I received the board book edition to review.)

Author Archbishop Desmond Tutu is a Nobel Peace Prize Winner. Illustrator Nancy Tillman has illustrated books such as On The Night You Were Born and Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You
Let There Be Light is a beautifully written biblical story of creation (written in story form, not quoted from the Bible). It is written in a way that maintains the awe and wonder of the creation week. 

The illustrations in Let There Be Light are interesting. The illustrations seem to be a mixture of paintings and photographs that have been retouched for a "painted" feel. Many of the illustrations contain a hint of a human (Jesus?) form, which is often portrayed with a glow. I thought this was an interesting addition to the pages. 

All in all, I think Let There Be Light is a beautifully done story of creation to share with children. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: