The Beauty of Believing is a new devotional from the editors and authors of Faithgirlz!. There are 365 devotions in The Beauty of Believing which are numbered (not dated), which I prefer so that it is not a deterrent to start mid-year.
Here are the authors included in this devotional:
- Tasha Douglas - author of My Beautiful Daughter / God's Beautiful Daughter
- Mona Hodgson - author of Real Girls of the Bible
- Kristi Hall - author of No Boys Allowed, Shine On, Girl!, Chick Chat, and Girlz Rock
- Lois Walfrid Johnson - author of Girl Talk
- Allia Zobel Nolan - author of Whatever: Livin' the True, Noble, Totally Excellent Life
- Nancy Rue - author of That Is So Me
From what I can tell - The Beauty of Believing is a compilation of portions of the 6 authors' books (mentioned above). The Beauty of Believing is divided into 6 sections:
- Growing Seeds of Faith (pages 1-77)
- God's Promises (pages 78-150)
- Finding Strength in Hard Times (pages 151-225)
- God Speaks To Us (pages 226-267)
- A Helping Body of Believers (pages 268-308)
- The Beauty of Believing (pages 309-365)
Each of the 6 sections has a 1-2 page introduction followed by a selection of daily devotional readings. (Section 6, The Beauty of Believing, does not have an introduction.)
Each of the devotionals in The Beauty of Believing are 1-2 pages long (most are only one page). They include: an opening verse, the devotional text, "More to Explore" (additional Scripture reference), "Girl Talk" (something for the reader to think about), and "God Talk" (a prayer).
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.