Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Book Review :: The Day is Waiting illustrated by Don Freeman, words by Linda Zuckerman

The Day is Waiting is a book that is the result of a somewhat backward process in comparison to traditional books - this one was created from a compilation of illustrations first, then a simple story was written to accompany the illustrations. The illustrations are done by Don Freeman (illustrator of Corduroy), and the story was written by Linda Zuckerman. 
The illustrations are definitely the highlight of this book - there are a variety of illustrations created with different techniques (a variety not generally found in picture books). The story, in my opinion, feels like an afterthought - it doesn't seem to add anything to the illustrations. I would have preferred to have a book of larger illustrations with no text.  

Even so, the illustrations are colorful, inviting, and great for the imagination - they would make great framed art in a child's room. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: