Friday, May 22, 2015

Book Review :: The Hiding Place - Young Reader's Edition by Corrie Ten Boom with Elizabeth & John Sherrill

The Hiding Place (Young Reader's Edition) is a version of The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom that has been abridged for young readers. This is an incredible, faith-building story. 
I hadn't previously read the full version of this story (The Hiding Place) and had only heard bits and pieces of it in conversations with others, so I was excited to be able to review The Hiding Place (Young Reader's Edition)

***If you haven't heard the story and don't want potential spoilers, you may want to stop reading here. Just know that I highly recommend getting this book for you and/or your kids to read.***

The Hiding Place (Young Reader's Edition) focuses mainly on the events in Corrie and Betsie Ten Boom's lives - and what an incredible series of events it is! From hiding some of the most difficult-to-hide Jews (to protect them from the Nazis) to living in a concentration camp themselves, it is amazing to follow along on their journey and find God with them every step of the way...even in barracks infested with fleas. 

I highly recommend getting this book for you and/or your teen and tween-aged kids to read. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher (Chosen Books -  a division of Baker Publishing Group) has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: