Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Spring Birthday Table Decor {The Twinery}

Today I wanted to share with you a quick way to spruce up a party table (great for birthdays, tea parties, or garden dinner parties) using The Twinery's new Spring Blossom twine.
First, to create a small, decorative vase, I took an empty jar (this one formerly held a delicious beverage) and wrapped it with Spring Blossom twine. (Mine had already had the label removed, but it is not necessary for this - just cover that label up!)

I find it easiest to keep everything in place simply by using a strip of adhesive. Adhesive with a backing that peels away is best - just remove a bit of the backing at a time:
Tip: You may need another strip of adhesive on the opposite side of the jar if you are dealing with a tapered area.

When I finished wrapping the "vase" I added a few little embellishments - but it looks great even without them thanks to that Spring Blossom twine.

Next, I went to work on a little decoration for some party favors - a small picture frame. I wanted to give it a more personal touch, so I created a simple washi tape banner to string across it.
Step 1: Lay a strip of washi tape so the twine is across the midpoint.
Step 2: Fold washi tape over and adhere together.
Steps 3 & 4: Cut ends of washi tape "flags" to finish. 

These frames can also double as placecards - just write each attendee's name on the glass with a write on/wipe off (dry erase) marker:
Put a few flowers in your new twine-wrapped decorative vase, set the table, and you are ready to party!
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: 
Twine: The Twinery (Spring Blossom); 
Tape: My Mind's Eye (washi tape);
Accents: Studio Calico (wood veneer feathers); 
Other: (paper doily);
Tools: Fiskars (Scissors);

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Simple, but elegant. I love it!