Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Book Reviews :: Adventure Bible - I Can Read!: Heroes of the Bible Treasury (6 books in 1) and Great Stories of the Bible (6 books in 1) by David Miles

There are several books in the I Can Read! / Adventure Bible series, and Heroes of the Bible Treasury and Great Stories of the Bible are two new hardcover compilation books. Our family does not own the Adventure Bible, NIV or the Adventure Bible for Early Readers, so I cannot compare these books to those (to see if the content is duplicated). We do, however, own both the Adventure Bible for Toddlers and the Adventure Bible Storybook, and I can tell you that the wording and illustrations are not duplicated across these three editions. The books in the I Can Read! / Adventure Bible series are worded with simpler phrasing and shorter sentences than you will find in the Adventure Bible Storybook.


Heroes of the Bible Treasury has 6 books bound together in 1 hardcover.
The 6 books in Heroes of the Bible Treasury are:
- Moses Leads the People
- Elijah, God's Mighty Prophet
- Paul Meets Jesus


Great Stories of the Bible has 6 books bound together in 1 hardcover. 
The 6 books in Great Stories of the Bible are:
- God's Great Creation

The I Can Read! / Adventure Bible series are categorized as reading level 2 ("Reading with Help") and the stories do not feel "choppy" like you might find in some learn-to-read books. In these 6-in-1 compilation books, with a retail price under $12 total (that's under $2 per book!), I find these books to be a great value.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: