Friday, December 9, 2016

Book Review :: A Night of Great Joy by Mary Engelbreit

A Night of Great Joy is a cute book by Mary Engelbreit, telling the Christmas story.
Although A Night of Great Joy has words, the real beauty of the book comes from the illustrations, of course. Mary Engelbreit has a cute, recognizable style and the illustrations in this book follow suit. In fact, what I love most about this book is finding the little quirks in the pictures. The illustrations are done as if you are looking at a play (performed by children) and there is plenty to discover on the pages.

As you can see on the cover, the baby Jesus is "played" by a Raggedy Ann/Andy type doll, so keep that in mind if that is a deciding factor for you.

I found A Night of Great Joy to be a unique perspective on the Christmas story and really enjoyed it. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: