Monday, January 26, 2009

Lacie & Javan layouts

Here are a couple of layouts I have done about Lacie & Javan. they have their days, but overall they get along really well and have fun and lots of good times together.

A Kiss From Big Sis:
I used the Alphalicious Cricut cartridge on this one.

L&J:
I used the Street Signs Cricut cartridge on this one.

It was a totally new concept to me to have such a plain white background, but I saw something in the Creating Keepsakes magazine that made me want to try it and so I did. I still need to add a bit to it, but I think it turned out okay. I have also been inspired by the layouts Becky Higgins does in the CK magazine...all very basic square patterns - so simple, but very visually appealing at the same time. I tried to make my own sketch using her basic ideas. If you haven't done a layout using either of these techniques, try it!

3 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how precious Tifany!!! Love it!!! The pics are so adorable!!!! What a beautiful family you have! Hugs to you!

Norine said...

how adorable are they love the LO
Hope your feeling good
hugs
Norine

Megan said...

Hi Tifany,

Thanks so much for participating in our "CK & Me" challenge. I agree that your photos look beautiful on that white background. And I'm glad that you've been inspired by sketches and things found in CK. Thanks for sharing and celebrating NSD with me. :)

Smiles!
Megan (CK Creative Editor)