Thursday, March 22, 2012

Canvas Mini Albums

Back in early January when I was creating projects for CHA I decided to create a mini album for each of our kids featuring an overview of the first weeks/months after their birth.
Our kids love to look at pictures and since I've started making mini albums I've seen a bit of extra joy when they pull one off the shelf.
I wanted to create something easy enough to create in triplicate, yet still make them individual for each of our kids.



I started by creating a canvas cover for each album - each with a similar basic idea, just with a bit of difference in the stitching.
Each album is created using a combination of papers that have been cut to 6x6 or cut to 6x12 and folded in half to create a 6x6 pocket.



Each album also carries a few elements throughout, which helps pull it all together (and also made it easy to create in a timely fashion). If each page had been done with it's own theme/scheme as a traditional 12x12 page these albums would surely still be sitting in pieces.



Each album was then punched and bound using my Cinch...love that thing!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper (Various Collections);
Embellishments: Maya Road; Ranger (Tim Holtz);
Mists: Ranger (Perfect Pearls Mists);
Other: Canvas; Washi Tape;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Rotary Cutter); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board);


3 comments:

kate blue said...

loving! So are you saying that the Zutter can punch through canvas? I so need to take mine out of the box and learn to use it!

Jenny said...

such cute albums, love them!!

Becky Dunham said...

These are darling Tifany! I am loving all the ideas I am seeing with canvas lately! I am going to pull out my cinch and see what happens :)