Friday, March 8, 2013

Chevron & Green {The Twinery}


I like a challenge, but I also LOVE freedom to create my way.
It's the best of both worlds with The Twinery's new challenge! 
You get a simple theme to get you started and then have the freedom to create whatever you want within that theme.
Here's the current theme:
Many of you out there probably have more than enough chevron products to help you in this challenge...but for those of you who don't, I thought I would share a quick idea for making your own chevron pattern.
{This is not just for use on cotton bags - you can easily do this technique on cardstock.}
By taking an ink pad and a small acrylic block, all you need to do is stamp in a zig zag pattern and you've got yourself a simple chevron. 
After I stamped my chevron pattern I added a stamp (that I helped design for Unity Stamp Company) in a darker green.
Oh...what's that?!?
It's the FABULOUS new Natural twine (available soon!) from The Twinery. I love this twine au naturel, but I also just couldn't wait to spray it with some mist!
I threaded one of the strands through the drawstring tunnel on the top of my bag and added the other strands  (including some Honeydew twine) to create the finished bow.
{You can see my simple trick to changing out the drawstring that comes with the bag and replacing it with twine HERE.}
Be sure to visit The Twinery's blog where you can get all the challenge details and enter your project to win a fabulous prize!

Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Honeydew, Natural); 

Bag: Celestial Gifts (4x6 Cotton Muslin);
Mists: Heidi Swapp (Color Shine - Chartreuse); Studio Calico (Mr. Huey's - Estate Green);
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (LUCKY Friend);
Ink: Memento (Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart); 

Other: Recollections (Flower);
Tools: Fiskars (Scissors); 


2 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

Just love this!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is great! I LOVE the chevron stamping and how you colored the natural twine!