Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Meal Idea :: Veggie Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes

Okay...correction. This one isn't exactly a recipe, but it is YUMMY.

Ingredients:
Sweet potatoes
Zucchini, cut into chunks
Yellow Squash (optional), cut into chunks
Carrots, cut into chunks
Red Onion, cut into chunks
Minced Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
Butter or Oil
Shredded Cheese

Directions:
  • Bake sweet potatoes. (I rinse my potatoes and place them directly on the center oven rack and bake at 450° for approximately 45 minutes, or until tender. I do not prick them with a fork before I put them in the oven. I do put a foil wrapped oven rack beneath the potatoes to catch all the juicy drippings - it just helps make cleanup easier.)
  • Saute garlic (if using minced) in a bit of oil or butter until it gets a bit tender.
  • Add carrots and onion.Saute until carrots are softening and onion is almost cooked. Add zucchini and squash and saute.
  • Serve sauteed veggies over baked sweet potatoes and top with shredded cheese.
  • And then, if you are like me...go ahead and add even more cheese.
Enjoy!

No comments: