Zucchini, cut into chunks
Yellow Squash (optional), cut into chunks
Carrots, cut into chunks
Red Onion, cut into chunks
Minced Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
Butter or Oil
- Bake sweet potatoes. (I rinse my potatoes and place them directly on the center oven rack and bake at 450° for approximately 45 minutes, or until tender. I do not prick them with a fork before I put them in the oven. I do put a foil wrapped oven rack beneath the potatoes to catch all the juicy drippings - it just helps make cleanup easier.)
- Saute garlic (if using minced) in a bit of oil or butter until it gets a bit tender.
- Add carrots and onion.Saute until carrots are softening and onion is almost cooked. Add zucchini and squash and saute.
- Serve sauteed veggies over baked sweet potatoes and top with shredded cheese.
- And then, if you are like me...go ahead and add even more cheese.