Friday, January 31, 2014

Stamped Necklace


Today's project is something different for me - jewelry.

I started out by just playing around with my Copic markers, shrink plastic, and my Quatrefoil background stamp and wasn't really sure what was going to come of it. 

I first colored the shrink plastic with various green Copic markers creating an ombre effect, then stamped the Quatrefoil background. Once I had colored and stamped it, I used my Spellbinders dies to cut out various shapes and then punched holes so I would be able to hang them as charms. 
I used my heat tool to shrink the plastic, added some jump rings, and then threaded the charms onto my necklace along with a few beads and some Tim Holtz metal pieces.
I'm not big on jewelry, but I do think this is a fun way to get a little more mileage out of those crafting supplies!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies: 
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (Quatrefoil);
Ink: Ranger (Archival - Jet Black);
Dies: Spellbinders (Wonky Square, Heart, Circle);

Markers: Copic;
Accents: Tim Holtz (Sprocket, Trinket Pin, Jump Rings);
Other: (Shrink Plastic); (Beading Wire); (Glass Beads); 

No comments: