Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Twinery/Pretty Little Studio {Blog Hop}

The Introduction:
If you are hopping along with us today: You should have come here from The Twinery's blog. If you did, you are in the right place! Welcome!
If you aren't already a follower, I'd love to have you follow my blog!
If you are on Facebook, please "like" Ink Blots by TRD.

If you are one of my regular readers: Thanks for coming back! I love having you! Please join along in the hop - you can start at the Pretty Little Studio blog.

The Hop Order:

The Prizes:
The Twinery is giving away a fabulous Striped Twine Sampler ($65 retail value):
Pretty Little Studio is giving away a fantastic prize as well – check out The Twinery's blog and the Pretty Little Studio blog to find out how you can enter to win one of these great prizes. 

The Projects:
When I saw Pretty Little Studio's Baby Jack collection, I couldn't wait to dive right in! I love the colors, patterns, and adorable images. I had hoped to use this collection to create a variety of projects for my precious baby nephew, Roscoe, but unfortunately that won't be happening. I do plan to make a remembrance book with this collection and some of my favorite pictures of him, though.

For today's project, I created a card and gift tag set:
There are a lot of options of The Twinery's twine that I could have used with this collection - it pairs well with some of the bolder colors as well as many of the softer colors. I surrounded myself with a variety of coordinating colors: Caribbean, Marigold, Mandarin, Seaweed, Cantaloupe, and Flax - but I eventually decided to pair it with The Twinery's Buttercream twine. (The Twinery's Buttercream twine is one of my all-time most used colors. I love it!)

For the gift tag, I paired The Twinery's Buttercream twine with a variety of Pretty Little Studio products from the Baby Jack collection: vellum, bingo tags, patterned paper, and stickers.
For the card, I decided to try my hand at a shaker card. The shaker area is backed with vellum and has some confetti mix behind the plastic window. (I used some of the Pretty Little Studio packaging as the plastic for the window.)
I added some patterned paper (again from the Baby Jack collection) and The Twinery's Buttercream twine to the front of the card - then finished it all off with that cute die cut. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

The Next Stop:
Lisa Spiegel

Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Buttercream); 
Patterned Paper: Pretty Little Studio (Baby Jack Collection - Baby Chase, Baby Henry);
Vellum: Pretty Little Studio (Baby Jack Collection - Baby Aiden);
Stickers: Pretty Little Studio (Baby Jack Collection - Baby Ryan Wood Stars);
Sequins/Confetti: Pretty Little Studio (Baby Jack Collection - Baby Sam Mint Confetti Mix);
Embellishments: Pretty Little Studio (Baby Jack Collection - Baby Owen Bingo Tags);
Die Cuts: Pretty Little Studio (Baby Jack Collection - Baby Joshua);
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock (Brilliant White 110#); 
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board);

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any comfort you can think of your nephew sailing off to heaven in the little boat. He's got the spy glass to watch over his family. Sorry for your loss.
The card is beautiful.
txmlhl@yahoo.com

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Always such beautiful projects, Tifany!

cghundley said...

Wonderful creations
and so sorry for your
loss.
Carla from Utah

Dottie Pennington said...

Loved the die cuts. So sorry for your loss.

Jeanne J. said...

Adorable! I love the image and the pretty pattern papers too! I've been thinking about you and hope you are doing ok. Hugs!

Sue D said...

Adorable for a baby boy. So sorry for your loss.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Sherry Butcher said...

Love this, the colors are great, wonderful use of the Twine and I hope you have some great scrappin' days. TFS.
contact
http://scrapbookingandcardmakingbysherry.blogspot.com/

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I adore this collection and think it will be a wonderful backdrop for a remembrance book for precious Roscoe. I love your projects and continue to pray for your family each and every day. Hugs to you!

marg0006 said...

Great use of the tine and fun project.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

Katia said...

your card is so sweet and cute!

Unknown said...

Adorable card and gift tag! Love the little stars hanging from the twine! angela at alexfam dot com

Melissa said...

So cute for a new baby!

Amy C. said...

These baby projects are so sweet.

Waving My Wand said...

Ah, love Tifany! Always fabulous projects and this is no exception. Adorable sweet lil guys! Love!

Janis said...

I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Roscoe. I browsed around at length on the link. What joy he brought to so many in his short precious life. Your project for him is very sweet. May the Lord continue to bring comfort to you and all of his family.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
Candy coming soon at: HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Debra said...

Beautiful projects which reflect your heartfelt loss.

DBMM said...

Love the die cuts
and the Twinery products.
Awesome projects

toffy said...

I am very sorry for the loss that has happened to you, it is sad to lose close people and even more sad to lose such young little new people. Now he's in a better place, perhaps!

But I should say the cards are very very cute. A great gift for a child.