Sunday, September 23, 2007

Thank Ewe Card


Thank Ewe Card

This card was made with multiple cuts of the George cartridge (Cricut) flowers on shadow blackout. I crumpled each of the flowers and used distressing ink. I then sprayed them lightly with water to help spread the ink a bit. When they were dry, I attached them to the card and added some dimension on the edges with a Snow Writer.

The face is a George cartridge oval and the ear is a petal from a flower cut. The legs were cut from a rounded rectangle. I cut the rectangle in half lengthwise and then again in half the other direction.

I hand cut the grass with "grass" craft scissors, used distressing ink and then added some green Stickles.

I cut the word "Thanks" and the letters for "EWE" from the George cartridge on white cardstock (regular) and in black cardstock on shadow blackout. I used distressing ink on the top half of the white letters to give it the gradient effect. I cut the "s" off of both of the "Thanks" and then attached the top cut to the shadow cut and then attached them to the card.

The card background is an 8x8 piece of cardstock scored in half. I added the white topper and cut the edges with scalloped craft scissors. I used distressing ink and added the black dots with a fine tip pen.

Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Yay Tifany!! Good luck in the challenge! I love this card!!!

lauren bergold said...

thank *EWE* for sending along your super-cool card...and then for explaining all of the clever things you did!

(especially that COOOOOOOOL sheep! i'm *SO* gonna make me one o'them!!!) :)

Amy C said...

Very cute card!! Thanks for visiting my blog and good luck on the blog candy drawing. :)