Friday, April 3, 2015

Book Review :: The Berenstain Bears' Country Cookbook: Cub-Friendly Cooking with and Adult by Mike Berenstain

The Berenstain Bears' Country Cookbook is a hardcover cookbook that has fun, easy recipes that will be easy to create with the help of little "cubs".  There are ideas for breakfast, lunch, main dishes (dinner), and desserts & snacks. In addition to the cookbook aspect, The Berenstain Bears' Country Cookbook also has a small story that runs before each section of the book. 

Each of the 40 recipes in The Berenstain Bears' Country Cookbook has a large, full-color picture of the completed product on the page opposite the recipe. 
The recipes are all very easy, but I must admit that I was hoping to find more recipes from scratch (rather than using "ingredients" like pre-packaged refrigerated biscuits). Because this is a "country" cookbook, there are many recipes that are based on meat and carbs - not a wide variety of veggie-based recipes. Even still, I can't wait to try out the "Bear-y Good Mac & Cheese"!

At the end of The Berenstain Bears' Country Cookbook you will find a mealtime prayer, "Sweet Facts About Honey", and some basic kitchen conversions (tablespoons to cups, etc.).

I love when kids are encouraged to help out in the kitchen and adding in the lovable Berenstain bears characters only makes this more appealing for kids. My kids have already pointed out a few recipes that they would like to try from The Berenstain Bears' Country Cookbook
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: