Friday, April 24, 2015

Baby Shower in a Box - Pop Up Banner


Living at a distance from friends and loved ones can present a problem when you want to send a cute gift. Recently I gathered up gifts from members of our church family to send to a family who had moved away. I wanted to make this feel a little bit like a baby shower (as much as can be done in a box)...and baby showers need decorations, right?

I created this banner that would pop up when the flaps of the cardboard box were lifted:
It came together rather easily - just a few shipping tags, some washi tape, Unity alpha stamps, and it is all strung up with The Twinery's twine, of course.
I thought this was a fun addition for a gift sent from afar. 

Please share with me - what do you do to make long-distance gifts special?

PS - I am next week's Growing In Unity gal! Please be sure to stop by each day next week to see what I've created - and comment to win some Unity stamps!
Supplies: 
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (Liz Hicks Alpha); 
Tags: (13 Point Cardstock Shipping Tags - Manila: 4 3/4" x 2 3/8")
Washi Tape: My Mind's Eye (Decorative Tape - Blue & Yellow);
Ink: Memento (Bahama Blue);
Twine: The Twinery (Marigold);
Tools: Fiskars (Scissors);

17 comments:

Cynthia said...

Very clever, Tifany! This is a fun idea for birthday boxes as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

Becca Yahrling said...

Have never seen this idea - it's awesome! Looking forward to seeing your designs next week!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very clever idea! Pinning so I remember this for the future!

Bananastamper said...

I love this, such a great idea!
I don't tend to ship a lot of gifts, but I do send lots of cards and always decorate the envelopes in a fun/meaningful way. I also love to find small or tiny/thin things that fit inside a regular envelope to send in the mail as a surprise. My nephew who is 2 1/2 lives 17 hours away - I pick up the tiny Robert Munsch story books whenever I am at the bookstore (they are inexpensive and measure about 2x2) and pop them in the envelope once in awhile when I send him mail. Apparently, he loves them. :)

DIANA L. said...

What a great idea the banner is super. I love it.
I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Ruby said...

Very cute banner. It will be a wonderful surprise.

Brandi R said...

Very cleaver and so fun! What a great surprise when opening the box! Love this ♥

D- said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing your fun Unity FWF project.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Carol said...

Saw your bright, fun banner at FWF...what a great idea.

Crystal said...

This is such a fun idea! I love the thought of a party in a box!

Dawn Fields said...

Neat idea! Totally cool!

Gaylynn said...

This is a cute little banner box and will sure to be a surprise. Very sweet, Tifany.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the way that just opens up. So creative!

Sue D said...

Love this festive idea of a banner in a box.

Scrapper Myra said...

Very creative.

Janis said...

How totally clever!!!!! This is such a great idea. The mommy is going to be thrilled and delighted at the special thought you put into this.
Thanks for sharing on FWF!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Lagene said...

What a fun banner for a package being sent far away!