Monday, April 13, 2015

Book Review :: Cinderella's Secret Slipper by Alinka Rutkowska, illustrated by Konrad Checinski

Cinderella's Secret Slipper is a children's picture book written by Alinka Rutkowska and illustrated by Konrad Checinski.

The story starts out with Cinderella and the Prince discussing a birthday party for their son, Junior. Cinderella is preparing herself for the party when she discovers that she needs one of her glass slippers repaired. The story follows Cinderella through her search for glass slipper repair and to Junior's birthday party. 
Although I thought this story was cute, I think it was cheapened by the overly simplistic illustrations. (The illustrations reminded me of things I would draw and "bucket fill" in Microsoft Paint...in about 1990.) Neither the story nor the illustrations were outstanding, in my opinion, but my kids still seem to enjoy it, regardless.
FTC Declaration: The author has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: