Friday, April 10, 2015

Book Review :: Duck Commander Devotions For Kids by Korie Robertson and Chrys Howard, illustrated by Holli Conger

Duck Commander Devotions For Kids is a devotional for kids that includes 103 devotions, authored by mother Korie Robertston and daughter Chrys Howard of the Duck Dynasty family. 

I am going to start my review by clarifying that I think I have seen maybe 2 episodes of Duck Dynasty and my kids have never seen it. We've seen the shirts and other merchandise in stores...and that's about as far as it goes. I don't seem to fall in the "target" audience, but I thought it was important to review this to see if it was only good if you love the show and follow the Duck Commander family. 
The devotions in Duck Commander Devotions For Kids are short - about 2-3 paragraphs each. Each 2-page opening in Duck Commander Devotions For Kids is assigned to a single devotion. Each devotional also includes a Bible verse, a prayer, and a "Duck Commander in Action" section (giving practical ideas to put the devotional into your life). Although the devotionals do reference specific members from the family, it is not un-readable with those references (for those, like me, who don't know the people/names). 

In addition to some great devotions and practical applications, there are adorable, full-color illustrations throughout Duck Commander Devotions For Kids. Everything is wrapped up in a cute hardcover with a ribbon bookmark. 

I must say that I wasn't sure what to expect from this devotional, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think it is a great devotional for kids and families - whether or not you follow Duck Dynasty. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: