Saturday, January 30, 2016

Book Review :: I Will Follow Jesus Bible Storybook by Judah and Chelsea Smith, illustrated by Alexandra Ball

The I Will Follow Jesus Bible Storybook is a new storybook written by Judah Smith (author of Jesus is ____.) and his wife, Chelsea Smith. The I Will Follow Jesus Bible Storybook has a printed hardcover (shown in the cover image) and has a ribbon bookmark.
First, let me say the the illustrations in the I Will Follow Jesus Bible Storybook (by Alexandra Ball) are absolutely adorable and heart-warming. I love the muted color palette and the adorable illustration style.

The I Will Follow Jesus Bible Storybook has a somewhat unique format for a storybook Bible. It is divided into Old Testament stories and New Testament Stories, but within each of those are sections that have between 1 and 5 stories. These story sections each have their own introductions and "I Will Follow Jesus" conclusions. Each introduction has a Bible verse and each conclusion also has a prayer. (As an example, the first section in the Old Testament stories is "Creation" and it has an introduction (titled "Creation"), three stories ("God Makes Everything", "God Is Our Friend", and "A Bad Decision"), a conclusion (titled "I Will Follow Jesus"), and a prayer. The introduction and conclusion are what I would call "devotional style", and the stories are just that - Bible stories. If you are looking for a solid, Bible-only version with nothing added...this isn't for you. This is a storybook, and is written as such.

Overall, the I Will Follow Jesus Bible Storybook is a fun addition to your bookshelf and I think this is something that many kids will enjoy looking at (and listening to) repeatedly.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: