Friday, January 1, 2016

Book Review :: Inspiring Words (Coloring Book): 30 Verses From The Bible You Can Color

Inspiring Words is a new coloring book that features a Bible verse on each page. The pages are a good weight for coloring and they are wrapped up in a colorful, glossy cover. The illustrations are only on one side of each page and are marked with a dotted trim line, so they would be perfect for cutting out and framing. (The pages are not perforated.)
Each of the 30 verses (NIV) in Inspiring Words have open lettering surrounded by decorative accents. Many images feature things like simple flowers, birds, etc. (There is a fairly even distribution of Old Testament and New Testament verses.) The art is cute - not as detailed as some adult coloring books out there, but there is definitely plenty to color. 

I was so excited to get this Inspiring Words coloring book and I do enjoy it, but I must admit that as someone who works with digital design software, I noticed a few layering/design inconsistencies in the artwork that I would have preferred not to see in a coloring book put out by a major publishing house. 

All in all, I look forward to spending hours coloring the pages in this Inspiring Words coloring book.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: