Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Crocheting with Twinery twine

My crafting generally is centered in some sort of paper crafting {or maybe sewing}, but I've recently learned to crochet and I knew the beautiful twine from The Twinery would look beautiful when crocheted. I had previously made a crochet necklace and my daughter has been asking me to make her something like it.


I created this crochet bracelet using The Twinery's awesome Lilac & Peapod twine.

The bracelet is created with a double crochet and the flower was done using instructions from the November/December 2010 issue of Paper Crafts {Instructions can be found under the "Crocheted Noel Card" by Asela Hopkins on page 37.} I created the leaf myself and I am not sure if I could make it again - I didn't write the instructions down as I was making it - but there have got to be instructions out there somewhere for a crochet leaf. I sewed a button to one end of the bracelet {it's hidden under the flower} and added a crochet chain loop on the other end for the closure.


When laid down flat the bracelet reminds me of a wreath - it could make a cute addition to a card or scrapbook page, or even a fun wreath ornament for your Christmas tree.


Be sure to stop by The Twinery's shop and pick up some Lilac and Peapod twine. Go ahead and step out of the box and create something fabulous with it!

5 comments:

Monique said...

Oh How cute!!

Jen Carter said...

Oh wow! That is fabulous!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is stunning and so very creative, Tifany! I'm going to make it a New Year's resolution to learn how to crochet just so I can make these!!

Glora said...

This is GORGEOUS! My daughter's would go nuts over these. Great idea!

XxJULESxX said...

oh these are gorgeous! just wish i could crotchet!