Friday, December 3, 2010

It's a jungle in there!


We recently decided to move our three children into one room and change our other bedroom into a school room/play room. All the toys stay in the play room {well, they are supposed to stay there} and the kids only sleep in their bedroom. We've got 2 sets of bunk beds in the room - they just barely fit!


I haven't ever been great at decorating the kids rooms. I have lots of ideas, but they take time {which I seem to run short on}.

For this room my plan is to decorate in a "Peter Pan" theme. {The theme is mainly based off the forest/tree where the Lost Boys live.} The kids all love the Disney movie of Peter Pan and it has enough of a neutral design that I don't feel like it is too boyish {or too girly}.

I came on a cute little shop and found a great little bundle of linen/canvas type fabrics and some vintage bias tape. I created a few leaf patterns and cut out leaves from different fabrics from the bundle with my trusty Fiskars and then sewed them all together using the double fold bias tape. It turned out to be a quick and easy project that gave their bedroom a little bit of flair.


In this picture you can see the leaf "veins" that I sewed into each leaf - I think it adds just the right touch.

We also created these hanging leaves as a fun entrance to the kids' room.

{They started out hanging just above our kids' heads - they are now considerably shorter due to a certain little 1 1/2 year old climbing onto a stool and ripping them down.}

Soon I will show some fabulous Peter Pan themed pictures that were taken by the amazing Alisha from Alisha Hurt Photography...and hopefully soon I will order some prints and make a fun display on a wall in the kids' room.

1 comment:

*Sarah* said...

Cute!! I love it, can't wait to see more pictures! :)