Friday, July 15, 2011

Sing Out {Market Street Stamps}

{As seen today on the Market Street Stamps blog}


The creative process for this card was somewhat {okay...a lot} backward from what I normally do. I started off using the colors from the current Color Cue challenge as my inspiration.
{I didn't look at the colors right before starting and obviously I had a little memory lapse when recalling the turquoise...I thought it was a softer blue.}


From there I was sitting in my "craft room" {aka - a corner of our bedroom floor in front of my side of the closet} and spied a piece of a vintage carpentry estimate form from my Grandpa's former business. I thought it might be fun to use that as an extra element behind my stamped background, so I grabbed it.

Now how did I decide to use the Zebra Print background?
Well, honestly... it was sitting on my nightstand from a baby shower card I had created a few days back and it was already mounted to my stamp press...so I just went with it.

I don't have a good grey ink that I wanted to use, so I pulled out an old silver stamp pad {literally from the early 90's...and still plenty juicy} and inked up the background stamp.


I was looking through my collection of stamps from Market Street Stamps to find a sentiment and thought this one from the Hippie chic set would work well. To add in the blue, I inked the same sentiment {I did clean the stamp first} and used it to create a distressed type look around the edge of my background.

It still needed a little something, so I added some stars from the Blast Off set {LOVE those stars!} and mounted the whole piece to a red card base. I finished it off with some adorable {tiny} staples.

Even with the unfamiliar creative process I think the card turned out great. I guess that's why it is called creativity!


Thanks for stopping by today!


Supplies:
Cardstock: DiscountCardstock.com (Posh Red Pepper Linen 80#);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Zebra Background, Hippie Chic, Blast Off);
Ink: Tsukineko (Red Magic, Sea Breeze); Memories (Soft Silver);
Other: Vintage Estimate Form;
Tools: Tim Holtz (Tiny Attacher); Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);

No comments: