Thursday, October 6, 2011

You & Me {Market Street Stamps}

***Looking for my Growing in Unity post? Look HERE***

{As seen today on the Market Street Stamps blog}


When I first heard about Market Street Stamps there was just a small selection of stamps, but I remember seeing this one and especially being drawn to the cute sentiment.

Can you believe that I've owned this stamp for almost a year and just now am finally making a card from it? When there are so many awesome stamps to choose from (and new releases every month!), sometimes I will forget about some of the "older" sets that I have.

Well...it was finally time to ink up this set...


I kept a traditional "nature" color palette, but I can see so many fun options with this set.
I think I'd like to try some crazy, unnatural color combination.
I also think the tree stamp would be great for a fun technique like stamp kissing.

Thanks for stopping by today!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White);
Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper (Free Bird Series - Comfort);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Of The Same Tree);
Ink: Tsukineko (Midnight Black, Tea Leaves, Spanish Olive, Gingerbread, Jumbo Java);
Ribbons/Fibers: May Arts (Jute/Burlap Cord); May Arts (Twill - Brown);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);

6 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable! I like this color combination, but it will be interesting to see what you can do with non-traditional colors.

Kelly Sas said...

I am guilty of not using a stamp I just HAD TO HAVE for a year or more also. Your card is great and well worth the year wait on the stamp.

Tona said...

Great card. Love that sentiment.

Aleks said...

Came via GIU...but this came up first and wanted to say how much I love this card..the stamp but most especially the design and colours! :)

Marianne B in AZ said...

I really like your card. I think you are right that there are many ways you could use this stamp with different techniques and colors to come up with a lot of great results!

SherylK said...

I truly love the colors you used and adding the twine was great. I love it!,