Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gathering Goes Cold {Authentique Paper}

{As seen today on the Authentique Paper blog}



I see the Gathering collection from Authentique Paper and the colors bring warmth to mind. The colors also seem perfect for Fall or Spring projects...but I wanted to push them a little bit into the cold winter season as well.


I got the idea to create a winter shadowbox from Sam (Authentique Paper's owner) and set out to get some additional inspiration online. I found a winter shadowbox that incorporated pearls to indicate snow, so I added that idea in (with the "diamonds" I was planning to use to give it an icy look).


I wanted to use the depth of the shadowbox, so I created a few layers of the scene and adhered them with foam tape and also hung a few pearls and gems at various depths to give it a little something extra.


The beautifully thick and textured papers from Authentique automatically add a beautiful richness to any project, and I think they are perfect for decor like this shadowbox.

To add a little decoration to the actual box-front I created a few folded rosettes and added some more "ice".
{Just as a side-note: these are the STURDIEST folded rosettes I have ever made. The thick paper in the Gathering collection makes for some very beautiful & incredibly stable pieces.}


I hope I've done Sam proud in how this shadowbox turned out.

Would you please do me a favor?

Please head on over to the Authentique Paper Facebook page and leave Sam a note telling her how you think I did on the shadowbox project.
{And if you don't already 'like' Authentique Paper on Facebook - be sure to do so. There will be lots of fun and exclusive stuff going on over there.}

Thanks for stopping by today!


Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper (Gathering Collection);
Other: Shadowbox; Pearls; "Diamonds"; Clear Gems; Wooden Buttons; Clear Thread; Brown String;
Template: Tifany DeGough;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);

7 comments:

jengd said...

This is gorgeous! I love the way the rosettes and pearls are on the outside of it- they finish it off beautifully!

debb said...

Tifany, your shadow box is beautiful- I love the pearls as snow! I left a message on facebook for Sam!

Margie Higuchi said...

Great job on the shadown box, Tifany!! Love those rosettes - shows the Gathering Collection in a whole new way...beautiful! The touches of pearls and other gems makes me shiver - time for that hot chocolate! LOL!! TFS :) P.S. Yes, I did comment on AP's FB too!

Marcia said...

Sooo pretty!! (I left a note on Authentique's fb, too.)

Anonymous said...

Love this! The tree is so pretty and I love all the pearls! I don't do facebook so I left comments both here and on the Authentique blog.

Kim H said...

wonderful project. I love the dimension with the layering and rosettes. beautiful bling and pearl accents. thank you for sharing. I also posted to the FB page (Papercraftingaddict).

BethW said...

I love it-beautiful eye candy.Left a comment on Authentique's FB page.You do great work-keep on rocking.