Friday, November 18, 2011

So Blessed

{As seen on the Fiskateers blog}



I admit it. I have a thing for birds.
And not really the real kind of birds...the paper crafting kind.
Bird stamps, bird papers, bird punches...birds...birds...birds.

I was totally excited when Lead Fiskateer Rebecca offered me the opportunity to be able to combine the awesome Scarecrow Squeeze Punch and the For The Birds stamp set in one little mini album...perfect for the upcoming holiday season.

I can see these stamps and the punch being so versatile for every day and many holidays (Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas), but I decided for my project that I would create a Thanksgiving theme project...focusing on the "THANKS" in "Thanksgiving".


I created this mini album from plain chipboard pages and a few canvas pages. I added some stamping, layered on some punched shapes, topped it off with a few extras...and voila!





I was planning on putting some pictures of our family's trip to the pumpkin patch in here (which I haven't had printed yet)...but I also think this would be a great family activity around the Thanksgiving table.

Each person can take a little time out to pass the book around and write, in their own handwriting, how they have been blessed.
{And I think that would make a great family tradition - a new book every year with so many memories of wonderful blessings!}



How have you been BLESSED?

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper (Free Bird Series - Fair-weather);
Stickers: Authentique Paper (Petite Type - SPS001, SPS003; Diction - SJ0004);
Stamps: Fiskars (For The Birds);
Ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa);
Mist: Tattered Angels (Hot Chocolate, Marshmallow);
Tape: 7 Gypsies (Music Tape - Brown); Washi Tape;
Other: Chipboard; Canvas; Book Rings; Eyelets;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Round N Round Squeeze Punch, Scarecrow Squeeze Punch); Tim Holtz (Tiny Attacher); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board); We R Memory Keepers (Cinch);

No comments: