Saturday, February 4, 2012

February Sketch Challenge {Authentique Paper}

{As seen today on the Authentique Paper blog}


Authentique Paper is back with another sketch challenge!
Generally I play along with the card sketch, but this time I am changing it up a bit and using the layout sketch:


For my layout I combined a 12x12 paper from the new Genuine line and added in a pop of orange from the Free Bird collection (Endless).


I love that the neutral denim/blue color scheme of the Genuine collection allows for adding in any pop of color and will allow the collection to be truly versatile.

Because I am not a scrapper, my only goal was to get a picture on the page to document a little trip my husband and I took to Tahoe.

I added in a seam binding bow and a stick pin to add a little embellishment, but I feel like these papers could have stood on their own.


Be sure to head on over to the Authentique Paper blog to see the coordinating card sketch - and get yourself in on the challenge!

And, if you didn't make it to CHA - check out this quick tour of the Authentique Paper booth...you will get a peek at the four newest lines: Celebrate, Genuine, Loyal, and Delightful.



Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper (Genuine - Perfection); Authentique Paper (Free Bird - Endless);
Ink: Ranger (Distress Stain - Wild Honey);
Embellishments: Maya Road (Mini Tickets - Transparency); Jillibean Soup (Pin - Blue/Orange);
Other: HugSnug (Seam Binding - Chalk White);
Tools: Tim Holtz (Tiny Attacher); Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors);


1 comment:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I can't wait to play along--you know I LOVE challenges and Authentique papers:)

BEAUTIFUL LO! I love that ribbon treatment! FAB!