Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello Lovey {Market Street Stamps}

{As seen today on the Market Street Stamps blog}



Although my first love (as far as paper crafting goes) is making cards, I do love to break out and try something new every once in awhile.

With Valentine's Day coming up fast (and Easter not far behind) I thought it would be good to test out the new Birds of a Feather set from Market Street Stamps and see what I could come up with for a quick gift container.


These gift containers were actually from the office supply aisle in WalMart (originally containing clips, push pins, etc.). I thought they were a great size for a small treat. (Wouldn't conversation hearts look great in these?)

{Tip: If you are going to put any sort of food in your container you will want to make sure it is a food safe container or line it with a small food safe lining or bag.}


Everything on the box started as a plain white piece of cardstock.

•For the band around the container, I randomly stamped a few of the sentiments/images from the Birds of a Feather set (Open heart, filled heart, "Hello Lovey", and "Love")- either in Tuxedo Black or Pear Tart ink. I cut the cardstock into strips and added some dots with a Copic marker.

•For the layer behind the stamped chick, I simply swiped my pad of Pear Tart ink across a plain white sheet of cardstock until it was saturated enough for the look I was going for, and then cut it to size. (This is a very quick way to make sure you have a cardstock that matches the ink you are stamping with.)

•Each little chick was stamped in Tuxedo Black ink and was given a pop pf color by coloring the little hearts with a Copic marker.


I adhered the band and the layered image to the container, topped it off with some of The Twinery's twine...and now I have two containers ready to fill with a sweet treat.
{Bonus: These will look perfect for both Valentine's Day AND Easter.}

Thanks for stopping by today!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Birds of a Feather);
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Pear Tart);
Twine: The Twinery (Caribbean, Honeydew, Cantaloupe);
Markers: Copic (YR12, BG15);
Other: Clear Container;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board);


2 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a clever idea! I love your creativity--FAB decorations! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

Lillian Child said...

A-dor-a-ble!