Friday, February 3, 2012

Friendly Faces at CHA {Anaheim - 2012}

I recently returned home from my first ever crafty convention/tradeshow - and it was a big one...CHA.

I have a lot of pictures to share and although I cannot share all the pictures I took (that would just be too much) I think I will break them down into 3 separate posts: Friendly Faces, New Products, and Beautiful Displays.

Because I am new at this (and was so incredibly star-struck) I am going to start out with the Friendly Faces of CHA.

My first stop as soon as I got into Anaheim (after taking my suitcase to the hotel) was the Market Street Stamps booth. This was the first time for Market Street Stamps as an exhibitor at CHA and it was so exciting to get to come along for the ride (and see the new February releases - including a new fabulous background designed by me!).

{Left to right: Ashley Nguyen Newell, Stephanie Washburn, Angelica Suarez...and Tifany DeGough (me).}

I was sent on a mission from my husband's aunt who had taken a class from Heidi Swapp to get my picture taken with Heidi...and I didn't want to let her down.
{Of course, I love Heidi Swapp's stuff, too, and was thrilled to be able to meet her.}


Obviously one of my favorite spots to stop was at the Authentique Paper booth. It was great to meet Sam and Melodee - I have been working with them for awhile now as DT Coordinator and it was so great to be able to talk with them in person.

{Left to right: Tifany DeGough (me), Sam, and Melodee.}

The Paper Crafts booth event was a popular one, and it was so exciting to be able to get my picture taken with some of the fabulous editors.

{Left to right: Kerri Miller, Tifany DeGough (me), Susan R. Opel, and Jennifer Schaerer.}

Cath and Betsy weren't able to make it to CHA this time around, but I was able to get my picture taken with Flat Cath and Flat Betsy (and Susan, of course).


Again I spotted Ashley Nguyen Newell and we got a picture together.
{We also discovered that we live only about 30 minutes away from each other...scrappy time together coming soon!}


I am sure this superstar crafter needs no introduction...but just incase you are new to the game - this is Teri Anderson. I am excited that she is now one of the members of The Twinery's Design Team - she is a crafty genius!


Another superstar in the crafty world...Tim Holtz.
I was able to get a front-row spot for his demonstration of the new Distress Markers and it was like YouTube in real life. What an experience to see it in person!
{I did take a video or two and will be sharing those soon.}


And now for my favorite moment at CHA - this is where Tim Holtz asked DoBea Alberts to see her phone, walked around the booth, and took a picture with her.
DoBea had it coming since she brought along a very outgoing friend and she was too shy herself to ask Tim for a picture. Truly a very fun moment.
{That's her friend (Jodi) laughing on the far right side of the picture...I wish I could have captured her face in it as well, but I was trying to be quick.}


I also ran into Angela Magnuson (from Unity Stamp Company) in the aisle near the Authentique Paper booth:


Later in the Prima booth I saw my fellow Fiskateer Sylvia and Lead Fiskateer Cheryl.
{I ran into the other 3 Lead Fiskateers earlier in the show and failed to ask for a picture with them...and now I am kicking myself for passing up the opportunity!}


Back again at the Ranger booth I was able to watch Claudine Hellmuth do a demo and was able to get my picture taken with her as well.


Just walking the aisles I was able to see so many familiar faces - it was truly an incredible experience...and that is just the PEOPLE.
Stay tuned for the posts where I will share some of the exciting new products and the beautiful booth displays.

Thanks for coming along with me!

9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for sharing these awesome photos at CHA, Tiffany!! So glad that you got to meet so many talented crafters and celebrities! Your smiles said it all!! xo

Annette Allen said...

awesome..thanks for sharing..

Sharon Caudle said...

OMGosh! I had no idea you were there! And I walked right past your booth, too! Sure wish I had known, I would have stopped for a visit! It was my first time there as well, and I loved every minute! Glad you had a wonderful time!
hugs, Sharon

Kelly Sas said...

Thanks for sharing all your photos. It's as close as I'll probably ever get to CHA. Now you know why I wanted your autograph!!! I KNEW you are talented and would be famous in the paper craft world and I WAS right! So glad you had a wonderful time and I look forward to your next two posts.

BethW said...

Great pictures-and you look so darn cue!Love the hat!

Debbie Buckland said...

This is fabulous... can I repost this post on my new virtual CHA experiance blog?

Check it out and get back to me. This is as exactly I want for it.

http://virtualcha.wordpress.com/
(I am Debbie fiskateer #352)

Sandy #1781 said...

What a great time you must have had! The photos are fun and I love seeing all these smiles, especially yours.

Betsy Burnett said...

Looks like you had a blast! So sad I couldn't get out there this time around, hope to see you in Chicago!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! It looks like you had a great time! Sooooooo jealous and wishing I was there! Next time:)