Friday, December 9, 2011

Jolly Tags and Mini {Fiskars}

I just want to start off by saying, I LOVE the Simple Stick stamps from Fiskars!
I prefer clear or cling stamps because they are so much easier to store than wood blocks (aka - I can fit a whole lot more in a small space!) and so easy to use because you can easily see where you will be stamping.

The Simple Stick stamps combine the beautiful stamping quality of traditional rubber stamps with the easy to use clear blocks. Love it!


When I received the winter themed stamp sets, I immediately saw the possibility for lots of tags (and lots of fun coloring!). I created tags from some of the stamps in the Vintage Christmas and Season's Greetings sets.


Some I just used one stamp from the Season's Greetings set and colored each stamped image to create a tag, but for the Vintage Christmas tags I combined the corner flourish and sentiments to create a new look.


For the wreaths, I thought they would make great tags, but also they would be great as a winter-themed bookmark - just use your Fiskars craft knife (& a self-healing mat) to cut a portion of the center - just enough to allow it to hook on the edge of a book page.


I love the little penguins in the Winter Wishes sets, and I see so many possibilities for the snowflakes - I think they could make great, easy ornaments (just stamp in a fun color of ink and tie to your tree with a twine bow) and they would also make beautiful gift tags.

I decided to combine a few of the different snowflakes to create a patterned paper which I then used to create a little mini book. My kids LOVE to draw, so I think I will let them draw some cute winter scenes on the pages.



Thanks, Lead Fiskateer Tami, for allowing me to experience these great stamp sets...I hear them calling me to make some more tags in preparation for the holiday season!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White);
Stamps: Fiskars (Vintage Christmas, Winter Wishes, Season's Greetings);
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Ranger (Distress Ink);
Markers: Copic;
Twine: The Twinery (Maraschino, Caribbean, Lilac, Stone, Pink Sorbet);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Craft Knife, 1/8" Circle Hand Punch); We R Memory Keepers (Cinch);

3 comments:

Kelly Sas said...

I HAVE these stamps and now I know what to do with them thanks to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for placing up this article. I'm unquestionably frustrated with struggling to research out pertinent and rational commentary on this matter. everyone now goes in the direction of the amazingly much extremes to possibly generate home their viewpoint that either: everyone else within earth is wrong, or two that everyone but them does not genuinely recognize the situation. pretty numerous many thanks for the concise, pertinent insight....

Anthony Spence said...

I want these stamps for my use!